September 22, 2011

holy wow

I can't even begin to tell you where life has gone. It's like I woke up today, and I've been at school for almost a whole month already. BAM! Gone. Just like that. Where is my life going? My roommate and I sat on our beds and moaned about this for a pitifully long time recently.

so! highlights:

- My classes are amazing. UH-MAZING. Except for Geology, but whatever. Totally saw that one coming. Most of them are environmental courses, so three or four days a week I'm outside, getting muddy and doing stuff with my hands and tromping around in waders. I feel like a little kid all over again - except hello, I'm getting college credit for it!

- Being back with my friends and seeing some that I haven't been around for over a year because of them studying abroad and me being abroad and all that and anyway, long story short, I MISSED THEM. So the first couple days involved a lot of jumping and squealing and crying but whatever, that's the prerogative of being female.

- Being back with my sisters. I didn't realize how much I missed them until I got back, but having 30 girls around to laugh and cry and have movie nights with and to always have your back is an incredible thing. OH YEAH AND I GET A LITTLE THIS YEAR. no big deal. I've only been waiting for this for FOREVER.

- I'm back at work! And so very happy about it. I MISSED MY JOB. Silly me. Everyone keeps asking, "Why are you back again? Didn't you have enough already?" I love it here, duh.

- My little brother got his Eagle Scout last weekend. I am SO proud! I may (or may not) or teared up during the ceremony. Stupid hormones.

- One of my friends has illegal pets in her room! At the risk of saying too much, they're white and have long tails and little noses. And while I'm not normally a fan of this particular kind of rodent, they are just SO cute! The one likes to sit on your shoulder and sleep, and if your cold heart doesn't melt just a little at that, well, I don't know what will.

- life is just so good, and such a blessing.

sinus infections notwithstanding.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...