January 15, 2013

working backwards


Some days I just look at my job and feel like banging my head against a wall. Four years at a private, liberal arts college, being told I could do whatever I wanted, and here I sit, 5 days a week, in a tiny cubicle, counting down til 5 o’clock. #frustration And while I know very well that better things are ahead and that this is only a short phase in what is (hopefully) a long and productive adult life, some days you just want to scream. Anyone else?

In any event, I promised you guys a recap of life for the past month or so, and I fully intend to do that. So let’s start with this:



Yup. My beloved Walter finally met his match via deer. Last Thursday, to be exact. So we’re sort of moving backwards down the old timeline, but bear with me. The death of Walter (RIP) sort of put a kibosh on my plans for the weekend (including finally making it to the Pennsylvania State Farm Show), and after several days of pouring gallon after gallon of antifreeze into him just to get to work, my dad finally agreed to go car shopping.

And after one test drive and one agonizing night of decision making, I’m coming home with this beauty in a few days:



My first grown-up car. (For some reason, the name Frankie is coming to mind?) Granted, it was a pretty quick decision, but no one was offering to buy me a new Mazda3 (dream car), and I'm a firm believer in the old adage that when you know, you know.


So, welcome to the family, Frankie. And please, for the love of God - no deer. Because I already had to sell my unborn first child just to own you.
post signature

3 comments:

Amanda Schroeder said...

Mmmm. was that lame deer a blessing in disguise? I'm sorry. At least your new car is super cute!

Amy said...

Eek, sorry to see the damage to your car! But super exciting about the new one! It's so cute :)

Linny said...

You poor thing, I know what its like to let go of a car you love. I hope you and Frankie have a good bond :) it is a pretty car!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...