October 21, 2011

Back In The Game

Dear Life,

I'm sorry I've been a bad contact lately. You know the kind. Absent-minded, hard to get ahold of, not terribly invested. Certainly you've been trying to get me back for a few days now, but I just haven't been here. Not mentally, anyway. I barely even noticed your seasons changing, or the way the air has started to smell of fall, especially in the early morning. I was so caught up in various occupations and dramas and crises of the personal variety that I forgot to give you a chance. When you let little things pile up into big things, it's easy to do, you know.

You are a beautiful thing though. Sometimes I forget this. I know I shouldn't. In being frustrated and angry with everything instead of waking each morning to new chances and a new day, I've been doing you a great disservice. I need to remember to never be too stressed to smile. Please forgive me.

Love,
Me

Ps. Also, thank you for bringing all of my coworkers back safely from their conference in LA, and bringing them banging on my door shouting Chris Farley quotes and singing Metallica songs. Friday afternoons at the office are a crazy time. I've missed them, and clearly they've missed me as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...