November 17, 2011

Flannel and Penguins

On Tuesday I met up with my Juliefriend and we went adventuring! It's been a while since we've gone, what with the annoyance of classes and all, but it is one of those things in life worth waiting for.

We spent far too much time in Whole Foods. Then again, it must be impossible to walk in and out of there efficiently. Every which way there is something more exotic and exciting. Organic vegetarian dog biscuits? Botanical supplements? The world's most amazing pico de gallo? I spent a solid five minutes staring at the pineapples under florescant lights - suddenly it seemed imperative that at least one come home with me. Oh, and the best part? It was a free sample day. Yeah. Boo yah. (Boo ya? spelling?)

Oh, and the second best part is this guy:


I wanted him real bad.
(I seem to have a fixation with stuffed animals lately?)
(Also excuse the super weird face I'm making. I swear it just does that on its own sometimes. Rude.)

The Juliefriend and I also had a lovely debate about people who wear flannel because it has recently become fashionable, despite having never worn it before. As two girls from the middle-of-nowhere Pennsylvania who grew up in flannel, we had an awful lot to laugh about. (Anyone else find this amusing?) I have no pictures of Jule, sadly, because she and my camera dislike each other. And by that I mean that it loves her, but every time it appears she makes such an angry face that no pictures of her get taken. As a classically unphotogenic person (which she is not, just saying), I totally get that. But as the person behind the camera, disappointing.

And all this loveliness came about because my class got cancelled that day. The third one this week! As far as weeks go, this one has been pretty stellar.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...