November 11, 2011

Portland vs. Danbury



I will not be in Portland this weekend. Nor will I be there any time soon. But I want to be. Oh, how badly I want to be. I've been in love with Oregon for ages now, but haven't been there for four years, which is four years too long, in my opinion. Still, I can remember exactly the way certain places look, how they feel, and just how lush and overgrown and green and majestic it all was, and my entire body aches to be back there, standing in deep forests and on high cliffs above a raging ocean.

I have a plan to get out there. Well, two plans really. The first involves two good friends and a possibly insane plot to pay off our student loans in record time. It's going to involve a garden and a TLC show, called "Surrogates and Sustainability," and each of us will probably need a therapist afterwards but we're going to be out of debt and living in a place that suits us more than any other, probably. We've spent a lot of time looking at real estate in the last week or so. Addicting. And the other plan? Well, that's a secret for now. Give it time though.

So many plans are buzzing around in my head that I hardly have time for them all lately. I'm busy, happy, productive, on my A Game, all the above. I need more than 24 hours in a day.

Today, as soon as work is over, I'm off to Danbury, Conneticut with my dad, tagging along at his book show, meeting a million fascinating people and seeing a town I've never experienced. Sometimes you need to get away, to see new places and new faces and new things, to get new inspiration. I fully expect to be doing a lot of writing and picture taking this weekend, and it's going to be glorious.

Happy Friday :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...