January 12, 2012

lately


 oh, the crazy things I've been putting in my body lately

I've always had this crazy dream of trying a New York City hot dog.
You know, the kind from the really sketchy street vendors
that could be made up of God-knows-what
but they still have this smell to them that just screams
"eat me!"
I've always wanted to try one.
Well, I didn't try one on this trip.
I wanted to. Terribly badly.
But I stuck to my guns.

Instead, I've been eating a lot of grapes and crackers
and A and I made some fantastic avocado sandwiches
while I was with his family for a few days.
Go me.

Hopefully I can cover my six day New York to Maryland trip
in detail later,
but for now let's say that it was
legen -wait for it - dary
and that I am so very grateful for the people in my life.
My girls from Scotland and my favorite guy
are right up there on that list.

Oh, and I went to the gynecologist for the first time ever yesterday,
after successfully avoiding it for years.
Not so bad.
But having a conversation about your life plans
while some little old man is poking around in your lady parts?
Not my idea of a good morning.
(He did think my side tattoo was pretty sweet though).

And to those of you who started following while I was away - thank you!!
I never expected anyone to follow this blog.
It's nothing more than a collection of my thoughts,
which I wouldn't expect to be interesting to anyone.
But to come back and see that you guys are interested,
amused,
entertained,
whatever,
It was the nicest of surprises :) 
So if there's something you enjoy or want to see more of -
please, let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...