January 30, 2012

so here's the thing ...

about my relationship with A.
the guy is ruthless.

in private, he's very sweet, very nice,
basically everything I could ever want in a man.

but when we're in public?
he will absolutely tear me apart if I'm not careful.
the sarcasm is relentless.
and if I'm not careful and let myself open
by saying dumb blonde types of things?
it's a million times worse.

now, before you all go freaking out and
"why do you put up with that kind of abuse?"
it's because I do the same thing to him.
if he can dish it out, he'd better be able to take it.
and believe me, he can hold his own in both arenas.
it's at least partially why I like him so much.
I need someone keeping me on my toes.

last night though, his parents came to visit
and we all went out to dinner
(Qdoba, if you know the place, is amazing. they give you burritos the size of fetuses)
and A was a little off his game.
his parents have exactly the same brand of humor,
and A was slacking,
and, needless to say, by the end,
he had moved all of his things and was sitting
alllll they way at the end of the table
by himself
like Steven Glansburg,
because he couldn't take the pressure.
my poor baby.

it was glorious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...