April 15, 2012

I planted 53 trees today

No, but seriously. 


My environmental capstone class got a grant for several thousand dollars for the work we've been doing all year to create a land management plan for a park near our school. 


So I spent my Sunday morning tramping around in rain boots, planting trees and staking them and putting on tree tubes and watering them with some of my best friends.


And after five hours of this we were beyond the point of exhaustion, and dehydrated, and possibly delirious, but at the same time so incredibly proud of what we'd managed to do.


Oh yeah, and we made the local paper for it. Nbd. 


Yesterday the brotha and I had a bro day, in which we bought matching salmon pants and fruit smoothies and took hipster pictures in the park.


It was divine.





On the way home we stopped to surprise my grandmother at her apartment, and obviously to take my pictures.


My family is so sick of me and my camera.





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...