April 11, 2012

I've never done this before ...

.. but tonight I'm participating in a drag show as a model's coach. 


It's just a small thing, a fundraiser for my sorority's foundation, which helps terminally ill children receive play therapy. We have about 17 guys willing to strut their stuff on stage.


The guy I'm coaching is a friend of A's, so we're already friends, and all day I've been getting frantic texts from him:


"Hey coach! Do I have to paint my nails?" (no)


"Hey coach! What if my dress is too short?" (it won't be)


"Hey coach! Do I really have to do this??" (absolutely, yes you do)


"Hey coach! Is my chest too hairy?" (is this something I should know?)


He's terrified, and it's hilarious (I may have made it sound more threatening than it actually is).


So within the next hour, my little pageant queen will be on the catwalk, terrified, while I stand backstage trying to hold back gales of laughter. 


Pictures to follow. So if hairy guys in short dresses is your thing (I won't judge) ...


Stick around. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...