August 15, 2011

10 Monday Confessions

1. I spend far too much time looking at other people's lives and comparing them to mine. Also looking at Flickr. I wish I had a smidgeon of the talent those people do.

2. It has taken me 21 years to like my body, be comfortable with it, and think of myself as beautiful. There are a lot of things that I would like to change yet; they bother me some days more than others (example: I hate my butt. and being flat chested - it sucks. big time.).

3. When it comes down to it, I have an incredibly difficult time making decisions, especially when the feelings of other people are involved.

4. A guy at work told me that I was intimidating until he got to know me. It hurt a little, because I try to be friendly and nice to everyone here. Then I realized that it probably has to do a lot with how I present myself. I wear a lot of black, and when I focus on something, my demeanor gets really intense. Unfortunately, I love black (I think it's one of the classiest colors around!), and I'm not sure how to change the other.

5. I am not a talker. I'm a listener. I can listen to other people's problems forever, but when it comes to discussing mine? Nope. I shut down like a clam. I have problems getting too close to people. It bothers my friends and it bothers me too, but that's just how it is.

6. I love rain! Looking at it out my office window is making me soooo sleepy.

7. I have a sick obsession with split ends. Not that I like them, but that the second I see one, I have to do something about it. And then I have to go through and make sure there are no others hiding anywhere.

8. I am a hopeless romantic. What girl isn't? I love holding hands and inside jokes and sweet messages (even better - letters!) and that dizzying "first kiss" feeling.

9. After graduation, I'll be getting an apartment with my best friend in the whole world. It's one of the things I'm most excited about.

10. I can't wait to have kids. Obviously I have to, and I will, but whenever there are babies around it's like my body is entirely focused on them, saying "I want one! Get me one!" So I have to remind it that now is so totally not the time, and that good things are worth waiting for. But I've known my whole life that I will be an excellent mom, and whenever I date a guy one of my greatest prerequisites is whether he would be a good father. If he doesn't make the cut ... well, he's gone.
(** Note: this makes normal college dating extremely difficult. I don't advise it.)

This is kind of a depressing list, now that I look at it. I'm not depressed.

I swear.

In fact, life is really good right now. Rain just makes me introspective.

Happy Monday <3

PS. Found this today. What could be cuter?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...