August 10, 2011

Hey! Hi! Hello! I’m Emily.

This is me. There, on the right.

On the left is my best friend. We were in LOVE Park in Philly. We’re silly and awesome.

I had a blog while I was studying abroad in Scotland the second semester of my junior year of college (you can see that here, if you’re so inclined – which you should be!: http://haggisadventures2011.blogspot.com/2011_01_01_archive.html). It was the worst/best time of my life. But then I got home and life I missed blogging. Ohhhh yes I did. See, I write something pretty much every day anyway, just for myself. It’s my way of sorting through life, and it’s cheaper than therapy. It’s my creative outlet in a life that leaves very little time for creativity.

So, about me, I guess.

First off, I’m really good at transitions (that’s a lie). I also really love grammar (not a lie). My 7th grade English teacher instilled that in me. She was a crazy little Italian woman who used to lie on the floor when we messed up, telling us to go ahead and walk all over her because we were already breaking her heart. We never really knew how to react.

Secondly (but most important), I love Jesus. I got baptized 4 years ago but it wasn’t until this last year that I actively started searching Him out. It’s painful at times, but every step is worth it. More on this later.

August 29th marks the first day of my last year as a college student. Terrifying, amiright? By the time I graduate I’ll be an International Relations major, with a double minor in Politics and Environmental Science. Yes, it is a weird combination. No, I have no idea what I’m going to do with it. It’s cool.

I like to eat. Scratch that. I L.O.V.E. to eat. Truly madly deeply. There are a lot of other things I like, but that tops the list.

During the summer I work at a plastics company, in the water technologies department. It’s a great job. I spend far too much time talking to my co-workers. But when I focus and get down to it, I’m a machine. I’m at work right now. Obviously not in machine mode. I need to be, though, so this is it for now. Do I fail at  first posts? Probably.

I also really love inspirational quotes. My life is wallpapered in them. So here's one to brighten your day (and mine):


"It's not a question of happiness, it's a requirement. Consider the alternative."

Doug Horton

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...