December 22, 2011

noodles

This is really a whole lot of nothing pretending to be a post, so feel free to skip it unless you enjoy these sort of things. Brains just don't make sense sometimes, you know?


Apologies to all the winter people out there, but after 21 years of careful research and analysis, I've come to the conclusion that I hate winter. It's both cold and wet, it makes my nose turn the color of Rudolph's, and it makes me sit in my cold car and wait for the windshield to defrost, making me even later than I was originally planning to be.
There are good things though, like big sweaters and hot tea and old stone fireplaces and movie days and Christmas trees.


Anyway, the point of this is not to say that I hate winter, but to say that life is funny sometimes, and that the people you end up caring for the most come out of nowhere when you least expect them.

There's this guy that I've been seeing for a month and a half back at school (I call him a lot of things, but let's call him 'A'), and sadly he lives several states away. We have yet to see each other over break, so we text a lot. And our conversations mostly go a little like this:

A: I just made noodles ... they are so much better than yours!
E: Oh, nonsense.
A: Dude, these noodles are so amazing, yours were all stale and s**t
E: They were not stale!
A: ... Your noodles were so stale.
E: You're an ass.
A: No. You're an ass. I miss you.
E: I miss you too.

... Typical. We really do like each other, I swear.

Oh, and by the way, just for the record. Those noodles? Not stale at all.

And speaking of things that aren't relevant to anything at all, I got my grades back for this semester, and somehow managed to get the best GPA of my college career so far, despite working many hours and being completely distracted by a million things.

It's official, you guys. I'm awesome.

1 comment:

jessica said...

I love totally pointless and random conversations! Sometimes they turn out being the best! Congrats on the great grades, LOVE that feeling!

HOpe you have a wonderful New Year!

Bailey
http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...