December 19, 2011

On Trees and Things



So, this weekend. Oy.

Saturday night was my company's corporate Christmas party. It was fancy. Some people were wearing gowns, that kind of fancy. Obviously not my comfort zone. A live band was there (they were horrible though: proof that money doesn't neccessarily imply good taste) and the first hour was open bar, meaning, of course, that by the end of that hour most people were feeling preeeeety good (did I mention that the party began at 6? No?). Through a series of odd coincidences I ended up sitting at the best table there; all the way in the back corner, and right next to the bar, which my table-mates took full advantage of. Five hours later, we were the last people to leave. And that was only because the founder of the company came over and (very politely) asked if he was going to be paying for breakfast as well. Most of the night is probably not internet appropriate, so let's just leave it at that.

My family got our tree, too. Every year we get out to the tree lot exceptionally late. I think it's a game between my parents, to see how long they can avoid getting one. The plus side of this is that the lot owner knows us, and always knocks the price down. The downside is that there aren't many trees left by the time we get there, so we don't always find the best trees. I have a soft spot for Charlie Brown ones though, so it usually works out. Our tree this year though? She's a beaut. And at $25 dollars, you can't beat that with a stick.

Our cat is absolutely going to destroy it though. It's her first Christmas in the house, and I have a feeling we're going to have to hog-tie the tree to the wall. If both tree and cat escape the holidays unscathed, it'll be a minor Christmas miracle.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...