July 23, 2012

baby shower, and a weekend with A



One of my oldest friends, sister to the girl I'm moving in with, is having her first baby in September! It's so odd to think that we're at the age where people are getting married and having babies. We had her baby shower on Saturday afternoon, and although it was the first that we've ever planned, I think it went pretty well.


Then in the evening I drove down to Maryland to see A. One of the best things about him is that no matter how long it's been since we've seen each other, we always fall right back into our routines. We spent the evening sharing our new music with each other (he hates Andy Grammer, which goes straight to my heart, but we found some Kid Cudi that we both agree on) and catching up with his parents. He made his amazing breakfast on Sunday morning - eggs with cheese, Morning Star veggie sausages, OJ, and english muffins with Nutella - and then we went to the driving range.

He was off his game and I had a hard time getting balls past the 75 marker, but neither of us minded. We both agreed that when we're older we'll live by a driving range and go often enough to be decent, at the very least.  The rest of the day consisted of lunch, the pool, the Tour de France, ping pong and darts (which I lost at admirably), Chipotle for dinner, and Happy Gilmore afterwards.

This past week was stressful to say the least, between planning the baby shower and finding out that my car needs over $200 dollars of work to pass inspection, and apartment issues. Adult stuff, that is. It sounds silly but one of my favorite things about A is that he babies me like no other. He knows when I'm stressed and does little things to make it go away.

Sometimes I wish I had an iPhone to whip out and take pictures of every little thing that makes me smile. I would need the world's largest memory card for this past weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...