July 02, 2012

it's only been forever

So, I’m back. It is my first official day of full-time work as a real grown-up adult person, which is pretty intimidating to think about, but not so hard to do since I am back exactly where I’ve been for the past two years, give or take 6 months for my Scotland adventure.

And I have tons of work to do and emails to sort through, so I’ve been getting a lot of work done. And by that, I mean catching up on blog readings. Because I haven’t been on the internet much at all in the past two months, other than Facebook and to ignore emails. Vacation is for vacationing, no?

Anyway, things are back to normal, more or less. There have been a lot of adventures in the past two months, which I’ll slowly be re-capping (mostly for my own enjoyment, but whatever). And the past weekend I spent shopping and eating and scrubbing the front porch, which made me realize several very important things.

1. Phones are so much bigger than they used to be! First they started out as those huge bricks that you had to clamp right against your ear. Then everyone hopped on the cell trend and they got reallyyy small – like tiny flip phone small, like Motorola Razor thin small. And holy cow, all of a sudden these new ones make the iPhone look like a stunted child.

2. It is probably not socially acceptable to clean the outside of your home in a sports bra and short shorts, but when the heat index hits 90, all bets are off regarding modesty. At least in my book.

3. My stomach capacity is HUGE. Gargantuan, even.

4. Best friends are bad influences on your credit card. But new shoes are totally worth it. (Sidenote: I can’t find a picture of them, but Ross has a really beautiful pair of tan BCBGgeneration pumps for 40 dollars. And they are so perfect in every way.)

5. New hair. For the first time in like, 5 or 6 years.

TDLR: It’s been the best mini summer vacation ever and I can’t wait to write it all down, and new shoes are always worth it. Also, I’m now blonde. Kind of.

1 comment:

Elizabeth @ Love Is the Adventure said...

Yay for new shoes and new hair!!

I went to the hairdresser a few weeks ago and she literally just started wacking away without even asking. I wanted to cry when I saw how much she cut off. I went to a salon in Denver when I was home visiting and it look slightly better but I cannot wait to have the length back. BLAH.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...