October 24, 2012

really, the title is appropriate

When I started this blog, back over a year ago (how did that happen??), I settled on the decidedly ambiguous name of "What Now, Life?" Mainly because I honestly had no idea what was going to happen after college, and partially because I like sounding gangster in my spare time. Whatever. 

Anyway, that weird title has never been quite so true as it has the past week. I've been feeling caged and a little cornered lately - like I'm somewhere I never wanted to be and have no intention of staying. Like my job is a giant soul-sucking waste of time, and that I'm bored, and slowly growing complacent. And that's a hard feeling for me to deal with. My mom has always told me, since I was born practically, that I need to be challenged in life, and it's true. I'm not one for boredom. I guess that makes me kind of a nomad? 

Over the past week or so, all that has changed drastically. There are some big - and I mean REALLY BIG - announcements that I have to make :) No babies, no marriage (ye gods), but still, very big things for me, and I'm so excited to have them to share. 

In the meantime, I will tell you this: that I had the most incredible weekend and am looking forward to yet another one (my first post-grad homecoming!!), that I got to see my incredible friend Molly that I studied abroad with, and that I've refined the techniques of "hawk dancing." 









Oh, yeah. And the cat is still a raging biotch. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

I TOTALLY know how you feel! That's how I felt right before I changed jobs, like I just wasn't being challenged enough. Can't wait to hear your big news!! And you look so cute in all of the pics from the weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...