October 31, 2012

"Sexy _________"

*insert noun here

That was my brother's response to my frantic text asking for advice on Halloween costumes last night. I forgot how, in college, any costume worked, as long as one half of your body was readily visible. Oh, those were the days. Except that I never really did sexy? Not well, anyway. 

Freshman year: as Sarah Palin herself - Miss Alaska 1984. Complete with hatchet and borrowed snowboots.
























Sophomore year, nothing. No Halloween. Working at Wawa, you guys - it's not for the faint of heart. They don't let you off work early for anything.


Junior year, apparently I felt like an American flag. In moccasins, after two hours of my feet hurting. 



Last year, I was a cat. A really thrown-together, last minute cat. There are exactly two pictures of me, because I felt ridiculous. 



So obviously, "sexy _______" was never really in the cards, although Sarah Palin got some whistles. I guess freshman year was my Halloween prime?

Tonight will be another last-minute, scrambled Halloween at the apartment. No dance parties or stumbling around til the late hours of the morning for us working stiffs. Just a few people over, lots of candy for the kiddies, possibly a dressed-up baby, and a Funfetti cake. Really, what else is there to life? ;) 

I'm a little sad that A won't be there, but determined to make the best of it anyway. He's working so hard at school and it feels silly to be complaining, but this being an hour away nonsense is really no fun at all. 

What's everyone else doing for Halloween? Anything exciting?

1 comment:

Amy said...

You look so cute in all those costumes! Sara Palin was hilarious!! And American flag, how creative :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...