November 20, 2012

Death by Turkey Saw, and a Plea

Name this movie:


Yeahhhhh, Will Ferrell. 

My brother and I love this movie. We quote it back and forth all the time - texts, emails, the Facebook, in person (though my mom likes that a bit less). I am beyond excited for him to get home on Wednesday night so we can quote inappropriate movies and freak my mom out. Analysis over the past 19 years shows that if one of us freaks her out, there will likely be yelling. If two of us are in on it, the yelling usually doesn't happen, and she just laughs instead. Safety in numbers, my friends. 

------------------------------------------------------------

I talked yesterday about how excited I am for food. Today, let me say this: food is pretty much the only thing I'm excited about. And let me preface the following with this statement: if you met my family, you'd understand.

Eli:And I'm especially psyched for awkward family events.
Me: Ugh. I hope that was a joke lol. I've actually been contemplating which sharp object at Aunt Susie's would be best to impale myself on ... So far the electric turkey slicer is winning.
Eli: Ermehgerd, same. I was thinking I might be able to kill myself by taking a shot every time somebody makes a racist or ignorant comment.
Me: You'd be dead in five minutes.
Eli: It might take a bit longer for the gallons of moonshine I'd be forced to consume to sink in. 

Reading all of your blogs has told me that I'm not the only one with a crazy family, so let's open this up for discussion: what is your go-to, no-fail method for surviving the holidays? 

Help a girl out here. Death by turkey saw is a bad way to go.

post signature

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, this post made me crack up because my crazy family is the SAME WAY!!! Personally, I drink a little wine, nod and smile, then say I have to skip out early to "write a paper." Not totally foolproof, but it does work sometimes!

-Heather
http://heathermeaghan.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...