November 12, 2012

One, two, three, run.



Every once in a while, my friend Chels and I decide we need to go adventuring. Besides planning our own hippy - nudist commune, it is probably our second favorite thing to do. And besides, I firmly believe that every soul needs a little adventure once in a while. Ours just happens to center around abandoned places. 

I'm not really sure what it is about these kind of places that draws me, but I love the feeling of traipsing around somewhere neglected, seeing the beauty in something others might regard as a lost cause. 

There happens to be a really gorgeous old estate near my parent's house that we visited yesterday. A shooting happened there a few years ago and it's fallen into neglect since then. Oddly enough though, we weren't frightened there at all (except for the few times we heard gun shots. Hello, hunting season in Pennsylvania) ... just awed by its haunting beauty. Please enjoy the following (slightly excessive) photo dump :) 











My parents always get very concerned when they learn that we're going "adventuring." Thankfully, when I remind them that this is the most illegal and morally culpable thing I do, they come 'round pretty quickly. And besides, we're both very good runners.

#YOLO


post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...