August 27, 2012

I'm going back to college!

Psych.

I wish I was. I've been wishing so hard, hoping that if I close my eyes
tight enough and just focus hard,
I'll be able to go back to Ursinus.
That I'll be back home.

Obviously, I'm wasting my energy here.
Not a good feeling.

What makes it worse is that I still have a lot of good friends there,
who are going to be telling me all about the exciting happenings,
and there will be PNMs for Sigma,
and worst of all,
A has this one last year,
and I'm not there.

In a lot of ways, UC is our place.
Where we first met almost 3 years ago,
where we had class together and first started talking,
where we studied together and hung out with our friends,
where we took all those late night walks
and got into fights and made up,
where he hit me in the face with a football
and came to my room between classes, just to see me for five minutes,
and where he helped put me back together during
one of the roughests times of my life.

I could tell you how many steps it takes to get to our spot
on the second floor of the library,
or what to avoid at all costs in the dining hall,
and how to make the Campus Safety guys laugh.
I could tell you that living near Reimert Hall isn't great
unless you don't mind not sleeping,
and that Main Street is always treacherous when it snows.
That brunch sucks, that Wawa bagels are better any day,
that the President's dog loves kisses,
and which professors will be your best friend, no matter what.

It's our place and I'm not there with him.
Maybe I should have failed last year on purpose?
#notrichenough

I think looking back over people's lives in pictures is one of the
coolest things about blogging,
but if you choose not to look through the next 4 gajillion pictures,
I won't be offended.
They're mostly for me anyway.




But if you could pass the tissues, that'd be a huge help.

Halloween freshman year - as Sarah Palin!

Sophomore year
Junior year - became a Tri Sigma!

Found my passion and classes that I loved
Studying abroad in Scotland :)

Met and fell in love with this guy :)
Got my very own little

Senior formal

To say I'm not tearing up would be a flat out lie.

 I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have spent
four years of my life at 
this amazing place.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ah wasn't college the best? It's crazy how many memories are packed into 4 years, and into one place. I loved the walk down memory lane, and I loved the pics too! Glad you have so many great memories from college, and I'm sure this year will fly by and then you and A will both be grads together!

Jordan said...

I enjoy posts that include a gazillion pictures more than posts with none at all. Looks like you had an amazing time in college! I'm sure the year will pass quickly :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...