August 02, 2012

Inspire Me: Healthy, The Beginning

So here's the deal.
And you know this is serious, because I've never done a link up before.
Big day, I know.
 
From now on, around here Thursdays are getting a little healthier.
[she said as she ate a jelly donut]
 
I ate like crap this week. Period time. For some reason that one week a month
just makes me want to down every Klondike Bar in sight.
Plus we had a lot of birthdays at work,
and we do birthdays European style, where the person getting old[er]
brings in something. It's usually donuts.
 
I hate my coworkers.
 
Here's how I look at healthy:
I haven't looked at a scale in years. I couldn't tell you where mine is.
The number doesn't matter to me.
What matters is how I feel about myself.
I will never have "collarbones that can catch rain."
I read somewhere that someone wanted them, and it made me sad.
Because I don't want to be tiny, I don't want to be bony.
It isn't healthy - for me. I wasn't born that way.
This girl is a pear. 100%.
 
But what I do want is health.
I want strong.
I want to look at myself in the mirror, butt naked, and be proud.
So that's what I'm starting.
 
I'm going to finish this donut
(iced, not sugared - how do people eat the powdered ones anyway?)
and I will enjoy it.
I'm going to go home, take a "before" picture of myself,
and use it as motivation.
I might post it, I might not.
I might even dig out my scale (it has to be somewhere).
 
And then, tomorrow, I'm going to start.
 
 
All In My Twenties

1 comment:

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

I am a pear 100% too!!

Thanks for linking up! And Im excited to see your post next week and to see what changes youve made!! And for the record with WW you could eat that donut youd just have to have a salad later! ;) haha! SO theres nothing wrong with that!!

-Kristen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...