August 13, 2012

in which Puddle makes a friend

Have you guys met Puddle? I honestly can't remember if I've introduced him yet. That would be him, on the right. And Spike is on the right. He's a triceratops, in case you can't tell.


Spike came home with us on Saturday, thanks to a little begging and a few tears on my part, and courtesy of the Target. 
It's kind of silly, really. The way I get attached to things.

He was just sitting there in the toy aisle, along with every other Pillow Pet in the world. But once I picked him up for a few minutes the thought of putting him back on the shelf, of him possibly never finding someone else who wanted him - it made those "pleeeeeeese, babe?" tears of mine real.

Since I got Puddle for Christmas, I tend to think of him as our baby. Part of our little family. I don't know, I guess I thought he needed a brother or something. Which is weird, I know. And even though it was silly of me, it only took a little bit of begging before A agreed. So Spike came home, and I think he and Puddle took to each other pretty well. We're going to be great parents someday, obviously.

I guess the point of all this is that I am so, so lucky to be with someone who lets me get attached to things and doesn't mind carrying a giant stuffed dinosaur around while I shop, and only laughs when he thinks I'm not looking. Cheers to you, babe. I'm glad I sat next to you in Geology last year.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Aw, this is so cute :) Looks like you found yourself a good one. And you two are adorable together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...