August 09, 2012

Inspire Me: Healthy, Week 2!

I am not a pretty sweater.

I don’t mean that in a “Haha, I just say that but I’m actually cute when I work out” way.

My hair does not stay fluffy. My makeup does not stay on (so I don’t wear it anyway).
I do not smile while I run. There are no cute boys winking at me in the gym.
And because I am incredibly vain and don’t like people to know how I look when I work out, I rarely have a workout buddy. Accountability goes out the window (whatever was there to begin with).

It’s funny, really. Why on earth would someone be embarrassed to be seen sweaty?
Shouldn’t that sweat be a badge of pride?
An “I worked out today” badge.
Those muscles I want, that tone … they’re just supposed to magically appear?
Right.
This week, I finally decided to let go of that whole vanity thing.
And I went trail running with Chels.

It was gross. I won’t go into details but I can promise you it wasn’t pretty.
Somehow, I survived, although my vanity took a nosedive somewhere around five minutes in. But it was okay.
Being proud of myself at the end was more than worth it.
And you know the weird thing?
I really enjoyed myself.

As far as eating goes, I’ve been doing well. Cutting out sugar, eating a lot more greens. And a lot of fruit. Plums have become my new favorite food. #Iloveyousummer
I drug my dad to the store and we bought
pretty much every kind of fruit known to man
and basically every vegetable besides brussel sprouts
(which come straight from Satan, I'm pretty sure).
I chopped them up and brought them to work every day,
and when I get hungry
(which is like every two hours, on the hour),
I got myself some bangin' fruit.
And after a few days of eating really, really well,

I'm not craving crap food anymore.

This is my biggest success this week.

Next week:
Stick with the new healthy eating
Keep drinking water like it's going out of style
RUN MORE


A Mommas Desires And Pacifiers
 
 
I've got this. You've got this.
 
We've got this.

5 comments:

Jordan said...

Hell yeah, we've got this! Though I may not LOOK the sexiest post-workout, I definitely FEEL the sexiest - sweat stains and all! Feeling proud > looking cute in my book.

Holly said...

You do have this, lady!!! I'm glad you're not craving the crap anymore. I loved this post. Good job!!

Amy said...

This is so awesome! I love how if you eat healthy for even just a few days, the unhealthy stuff doesn't even look appealing anymore. I myself haven't made it those few consistent days to get to that point, haha, but one of these days!

And I totally know what you mean. I used to feel so gross when I would work out. My friend and I always joke because the first time we ran together I asked if we could walk the last 5 minutes back to our dorm, because I like to de-sweat as much as possible before I see people. Now, I don't mind as much. I feel like I'm actually the most confident in my work out clothes, with no make up. Because I can look gross, and it's expected. Now if only I could be in my work out clothes all day every day, that'd be great.

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

Good for you lady! Im still having trouble with the craving crap food and its been 4 weeks! BLAH!!! But Im glad it isnt an issue for you!! Stick with it!! Youre doing great!

Thanks for linkin up!

-Kristen

Sammantha said...

Way to go girlfriend! You got it :)

www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...