March 15, 2012

dear basketball, you suck





I filled out a March Madness bracket today.
Scratch that. I filled out two.


It wasn't my choice - A made me. And by "made me," I mean that he logged onto my computer, signed me into his friends' group, opened a bracket, and yelled names of teams at me until I picked one. It went a little something like this:


A: Okay. Ready? This one or that one?
Me: Um, that one.
A. HA. Really? You really think so?
Me: Maybe
A: You're wrong.
Me: Um, okay. The other one then.
A: You can't pick based on what I say!
Me: But I don't know anything! I don't even know where half of these are!
A: Just pick one!
Me: Okay, the blue one.
A: Wrong! Try again. 
Me: (wailing at this point) But I don't knowww!
A: Just pick!
ME: I CAN'T!


Somehow we managed to fill out two whole brackets without a fistfight breaking out (it was close, mind you). And then A kissed me and ran off to class, shouting "I'll see you in two weeks, babe!" 


Needless to say, when UNC or whichever other team I picked (it was a lot of pressure, don't judge) wins this stupid thing, who's gonna be celebrating? That's right. Me.


I really hate that stupid sport.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...