March 21, 2012

Letters

I've seen this idea floating around in a bunch of different places, and I think it's great. All the little things we should say on a daily basis but don't, for a million different reasons. Why is that, really? Why don't we take the time to say what we really feel? Is is fear, or a polite sense of decorum? There's a thin line between the two, I think. One that I haven't yet learned how to tread. 






Dear weather,
I love you. Thank you for making it spring, so I could go get free Rita's.






Dear A,
I wish I had the words to tell you how special you are to me. You make every day a million times better. Just seeing you makes me smile. I forgive you for hitting me in the face with a football yesterday. And that bug bite that's making your right eye swell shut ... well, you look like a pirate. Just saying.






Dear cleaning lady,
Seriously, what do you do? Because it isn't clean. Our house is just as dirty as when you got here, like, six hours ago.








Dear little,
You light up my life with your persistent joy and constant picture taking. The powers that be knew exactly what they were doing when they put us together. 






Dear professor(s) whose work I've been avoiding all semester,
... Sorry. Please don't hate me. I'm a senior. 






Dear all of my sisters,
You're all crazy. All 55 of us, we have some serious issues. And sometimes those come to a head and things get real messy. But we work through it, and get back to the way things should be, and that goes a long way towards restoring my faith in people. I love you all. 






Dear (biological) brother,
I love that all I have to do is text you one line of lyrics from "Africa" by Toto and we'll text sing the entire song. It was rough for a few years, but you turned out to be a pretty cool kid after all. 


If you were to write a letter to the people in your life, what would you tell them?

1 comment:

psychelyn said...

Dear Bureaucrats, Please don't make it difficult for me to process all documents I need. I'm not a bad person, I'm just trying to live with legal documents.

That is all I need by now, seriously.

This is a good post by the way :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...