March 14, 2012

Needtobreathe

RIP, beloved H&M white pants




Has anyone else ever heard of Needtobreathe? 


They are probably my favorite band in the entire world. My dad and I went to see them at MusikFest this past summer, and they were just as good live as they are in the studio (which to me makes them a hundred times more talented and better). I also happen to have the world's biggest crush on the lead singer, Bear, but that's neither here nor there, really.






Anyway, they have the most amazing lyrics - their songs are always about pure, beautiful things. Things that actually mean something. They remind me that not all music is about sex, and getting high, and making money. It can be about better things, a better life. These lyrics are from the song "Keep Your Eyes Open," off their latest album. 


Don't let the night become the day
Don't take the darkness to the grave
I know pain is just a place
Where the will has been broken

Don't let the fear become the hate
Don't take the sadness to the grave
I know the fight is on the way
When the sides have been chosen

Cause if you never leave home, never let go
You'll never make it to the great unknown
Open up your eyes, keep your eyes open





Try to listen to that voice and not fall in love. I dare you. Bear, if things ever don't work out with what's-her-name ... you know where to find me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...