March 02, 2012

meet rodney, and how to give a proper handhug


One of my sweet, sweet friends made this for me for my birthday; how fantastic is he?
I've been hiding in the library writing papers lately, so I finally just got to see her, and she surprised me with him!
I immediately named him Rodney because ...
well, because I have to name everything.

My car's name is Walter - he's a grumpy old man.
My spider plant is named Robert Plant - yes, after the lead singer of Led Zepplin.
Most of my friends have nicknames.
A has several.
Surprisingly, I haven't named my camera or laptop yet. But it's coming.

Have you guys heard of handhugs?? They're the new best thing.
Exhibit A:

It's like the new fist bump, but much more affectionate.
Unless you do it wrong - so don't! There is a very specific way to give a good handhug,
and so many ways to give  a bad one.
Also - from experience - make sure the other person knows what's coming.
Things get awkward pretty fast.
This high school article tells you the origins of the handhug, and how to give a proper one.
It's very serious business.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...