March 30, 2012

Friday Confessions

via


1. I spelled "confessions" wrong three different ways before getting it right. Fine liberal arts education at work, right here.

2. The guys I work with make me so happy. I'm a little on the sick side of things, still, so they've been doing their best to cheer me up. Funny stories, pictures of their kids, stopping by my office to chat - they're the best.

3. Sometimes I like to do the Single Ladies dance while I brush my teeth. Seriously. You should try it. It's a perfect energy boost in the morning. It means, too, that I get toothpaste everywhere in the bathroom - mirror, sink, walls, usually my shirt. It's worth it. Woah oh oh, oh oh oh oh oh.

4. I've been too lazy to do wash all week, so I've been recycling clothes out of my hamper. Gross.

5. After a lot of personal introspection and agonizing, I went and bought a new dress for the ball tonight. Clearly, I am a very bad person with no morals or capacity for saving. Shame.

6. Had I spent the amount of time I've spent on Pinterest this week actually doing work, I could have researched and written several full-length papers. If I included the time I've spent looking at apartments, I probably could have written a thesis paper.

7. Instead of spending $8 to get my car washed, I've been wiping it down with Armor-All wipes. Really, it does work. Mostly.

8. I yelled at a kid in class the other day. To be fair, he was making insanely asinine comments. It's not my fault that dumb things come out of his mouth every time he opens it. If you're not going to do the work, be narrow-minded, and regurgitate mantras for movements that you don't understand, you have what's coming to you.

9. Sometimes I get jealous. There's a girl in A's class that used to like him a long time ago, and since it's a senior seminar class with only nine people, he has to do work with her on a regular basis. Deep down I know there's no reason to be worried, but that green monster comes out sometimes anyway: She's pretty. She's athletic. She's doing work with him. She has really nice clothes. Those things sound stupid, but they can take root nevertheless.

10. Two of the things I'm most looking forward to about getting an apartment with my best friend: sharing clothes, and getting a cat. I'm basically set up for life as a crazy cat woman.

Guys, it's been a really weird week. I'm beyond ready to let it go, move on, and do some serious Cupid Shuffling tonight.



What are your Friday confessions?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...