March 14, 2012

I can't help it

via
I can't help it that this gorgeous weather is making me want to jump ship and head west.

I only have less than two months left anyway ...

I keep asking myself if they really matter, anyway.

Mentally, I've been gone for ages.

For all intents and purposes, I'm usually not here anyway. My body may be in a dorm room, trying to digest social policy and international economics, but my thoughts are in some far-flung place. Sometimes Scotland. Sometimes Paris or Italy again. Sometimes the west coast, or South America, or the tropics. Somewhere I've never been; somewhere fascinating and stimulating, with new sights and smells and things to touch. I get bored too easily; need change to keep me interested. To keep me going.

Many things will be changing soon. But in many ways, things will still be the same. And at the moment, even thinking about it makes my insides feel claustrophobic.

via

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...